Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Today's Melts!!

I am so excited.  I think I finally made my tarts work with the odd, semi-antiquated warmer I have in my room.  Which is really great considering I LOVE WAX. 

Anyway, I'm typing in my room and though I would share what I'm melting.  I figure if someone is considering purchasing something they might find that I've gone through it and rambled on and on about it and can decide if they want to try or not. 

Without any further ado (who am I kidding - I can't stop rambling) here's what's in my warmer!


It's Tiffany Candles Pina Colada!! 

Gary and Tiffany had mentioned on their Facebook group that their fluted wax tart works best in a hot plate.  This is true; my hot plate is broken and I am in the process of getting another one but I am going to hold off just a bit because I found that my warmer works just fine if I halve the product.  I don't like using the tarts this way but I am going to until I can find a good warmer.  I am going to keep this one though because I plan on ordering some scoopables which work well in these warmers, I am told. 

The one I have downstairs is a better one and it melts one tart completely (which gives a fantastic throw).  But for my room, which is a bit smaller than my living room this warmer works just fine. 

Okay, so back to the Pina Colada. 

I loved this scent when I got it - the cold sniff however is nothing like the scent upon warming.  This isn't a true pina colada scent to me.  It is really sweet and creamy, and the pineapple smells almost candied. 

My favorite scent across the board is anything with coconut so I knew I would love this but I wasn't expecting the pineapple to be so strong (I guess I was hoping it would be more heavy on the coconut note).  But anyway, overall it is uber sweet with a touch of coconut.  It is delicious one second and more perfumey the next.  If that makes sense (or scents, haha - yes, you can roll your eyes.  ;) ).

It is definitely a repurchase for me! 



Downstairs I have Green Grass from B&BW (I think this is Slatkin and not White Barn).  It is a scent not available any longer as far as I know.  I am not a huge fan of "green" scents in general but there was something I loved about this on cold sniff in the store.  It is different when warm though!  It has a bit of the grassy scent to it and an underlying note of something almost citrus-like.  But what I love most is the touch of lily-of-the-valley.  I hate floral scents except for jasmine, lilac and lily-of-the-valley and I don't know too many other vendors who carry the lily scent.  I am going to miss this when it is done and I guess I'll be shopping for it at those semi-annual sales! 

If anyone has suggestions as far as any lily-of-the-valley scents drop me a comment.  :)  Until the next time, ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment