Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happy Hump Day!

I hope that everyone is getting through this rather difficult week as best as they can.  My heart is always heavy when I think of the tragedy that surrounds us sometimes.  I am thinking and praying for all those affected by the events at the Boston Marathon.  Boston has always been a favorite place to visit and I love the city and its people more each time I go.  I have been reading and following much of what's going on but my favorite things to read are those little glimmers of hope that still live in all of us.  The hope that Boston will be stronger for having gone through this and we will move forward again. 

I pray also for those souls lost and those so terribly injured - I certainly cannot say anything to take away the pain of loss and the physical pain.  But I always pray that God is with those people to help them get through this.  I am also in touch with the Red Cross and as soon as their stores need replenished, I am there.  :) 

The last few days are rare oddities in my normally insane schedule; I did not have any plans and so I lounged around each day for a few hours enjoying my free time and my melts.  :) 


 I had Tiffany's Creamy Vanilla melting in the spare room.  I love this scent because it is so smooth and lends itself to blending with other scents that I have going at the same time.  :)  Alone this is rich and dessert-like.



Yesterday morning I popped in a Pink Coconut Cream from Front Porch.  It's still going strong so I will leave it until tomorrow morning.  :)  This was my favorite in my first order - it is delicious!  Admittedly I do love this but it isn't as strong as the other coconut scents I've tried (this is the last one I have in the order).  It is so yummy!  The coconut blends very well with the pink sugar.  I think I like the regular coconut cream pie better since the pink gives it a rather perfumey touch.  All in all, it is great!



I popped in Blackberry Butter Jam Cookie from Front Porch Monday morning.  I just changed it out this morning so it lasted three days at several hours a melt.  This wasn't as strong as some of the other melts from Front Porch.  I do not think I am going to repurchase - I'm not a fan.  It is to sweet and it smells artificial to me.  Maybe I just don't like Front Porch's berry scent, I don't know.  I do not get a cookie note at all and the berries are cloying.  I know this is a favorite of many so I guess it just isn't for me.  :)




Today I popped in Berry Berry Good Buttercream from Front Porch.  This is one I liked the least on cold sniff.  Warmed up it is super strong!  I really like the buttercream that Front Porch has but unfortunately you don't get much of that in this scent - it is mostly berry.  It is a good, strong fruit scent but I wish I had something to make it more creamy.  To me this smells like fruit compote or fruit pie or something like that.  But it is still yummy just not what I thought it would be.

Have a good day everyone!  I am going to sneak in a nap before my insanely long work day begins.  Until later, Ciao! 

1 comment:

  1. I guess it shows how different everyone's sense of smell is i have berry berry buttercream & i smell the buttercream i feel it is evenly divided between berries & buttercream. And i don't find the pink sugar to smell anything like perfume i find it to be more a sugary sweet semi cotton candy fragrance i love the pink added to several fragrances. Just shows how everyone smells things differently.

    ReplyDelete