Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday's Melts!

Hi!

Today's been kind of hectic with housework, lol.  Between work and...well, work, I don't have much time. 

But anyway, onto the wax! 

There's Tiffany's Strawberry Passion in my warmer this morning. 


As you can probably see, the wax hasn't melted completely and I don't expect it to because this isn't a hot plate.  That one is on the way!  I should have it within a week and I'm very excited about that.  But anyway, this strawberry shortcake isn't my favorite.  I like it but I don't LOVE it.  I don't get any cake from it so it smells sort of like a strawberry candy to me.  But my sister adores it; she says it's her second favorite scent in the world so I let her have my wax because I'm nice like that. 

If you like really sweet strawberry scents this one will be for you!  I just want something with more cake. 


I am cleaning my bathrooms today and to mix with the strawberry in the spare room I am melting Bite Me from Candles by Victoria in the living room.  I thought it would blend well with the strawberry.  This is a nice blend of cherries and oranges (predominantly) with some other berries and some vanilla in the background.  Initially when I melt this I get a strange "burned" scent from it but that goes away almost within a few moments.  It is a good, strong berry scent - not too sweet and just tart enough.  The throw is out of this world which is not so for some of her other blends.  This one dominates but the strawberry from Tiffany's tart is a nice companion. 

I can smell the thing all through my house.  :)

So that's it!  Oh, I'm so excited.  I have two orders coming and it is almost time to start melting my Kissing Booth wax!  I'm sure I'll let you know about that.  Also, I now have an active Youtube Channel. 

Check it out at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MericP86

I did my first Tiffany's review today and more is to come!  I'm so happy about that.

Until the next time, Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. CBV makes some pretty amazing candles! Have you tried any other candles from her, and if so, which ones have a crazy strong throw? :)

    My husband HATED strawberry passion from Tiffany Candles, even though I bought it because I thought he'd enjoy it! Something about it smelled too artificial, he said, and it gave him a headache.

    Completely off topic, but what is that fabulous polka dotted thing in the first photo, bottom left!? it's adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was pretty impressed with CBV. I ordered a sampler and I think I melted through all but two at this point. All the ones I had were lighter to medium throw except for Bite Me. I had Peace which was warm and powdery, Edward Cullen which was light and floral (I didn't care for it that much) and then I melted Vanilla after Dark which was lovely. I still have two ocean scents to go through.

      And I think that is my sister's mitten or hat, I can't remember, lol.

      Delete