Saturday, April 13, 2013

Candy Floss and my first Front Porch Grubby Tart :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

This morning I am busy with housework before I have to go to work (ugh, who works on Saturday?) 

I have two melts going this morning.  I am melting Candy Floss in the upstairs and Vanilla Confusion from Front Porch in my downstairs warmer.  Yes- I did get my Front Porch order!  Yay for that, right? 



But more on that later. 

First, let's talk about Candy Floss.  :)



This is such a pretty wax!  I love it on cold sniff.  There is a sort of fruity scent layered with the candy sweetness and it is lovely.  I put this in my spare room and to be honest, even though it is nice, this isn't a strong thrower.  It is nice in one room of the house because I blog from my bedroom and I do not smell this at all.  It is very, very light.  I love the scent; when warmed this smells like a sweet, cotton candy with hints of light fruit sort of dancing with it (very descriptive, yes? ;) ).  It is definitely for the candy lover because it is super sweet.  I wish it was stronger but I definitely do like it.  I haven't decided if it will be a repurchase or not. 

The tarts from Front Porch do not need to cure so I popped in a Vanilla Confusion grubby tart just a bit ago to see how I would like it.  This one is insanely strong.  On cold sniff it smells like a boxed powder sugar donut (you know those ones you get from the grocery store?)  I never liked those donuts as a kid but I digress. 

Warmed it has hints of sugar and vanilla, some musky notes and even more vanilla.  Warning: it is SUPER sweet.  This is an in your face sweet scent so you have to like that.  I think this one is delicious.  It is unique; I haven't smelled a vanilla like this one before.

Two hour and back to work.  Ugh.  Till later, ciao!

1 comment:

  1. That stinks about Candy Floss, the description sounds very nice. I think I have read other similar reviews about the weak throw on that tart. Very pretty though, I must say! Love the FP haulage, Vanilla Confusion is one of the weirdest scents I've ever smelled, but it's REALLY nice, even though it's super sweet!

    ReplyDelete